Having made use of the bathtub, yet again, I headed out looking for a bike shop for my poorly bike. She was not in a good state;
- The new front panniers which I had bought had snapped both sides and were only hanging on by the top clips.
- The new rear panniers which I had picked up at Halfords the day before flying turned out not to be at all waterproof and everything inside was soaked. The front were better on this score but still leaked water on the underside for some reason.
- The rear brake pads completely shot
- Front brake pads almost shot
- Front wheel not aligned and prone to the odd wobble.
- Rear cassette on its last legs and slipping with increasing frequency.